REDZ SPEED SHOP
Education and Experience
Hennessey™ Tuner School Graduate
HENNESSEY PERFORMANCE™ TUNER SCHOOL (Graduating Class of August 2016) SEALY, TX
- Graduating from the Hennessey Tuner School's Introduction to High Performance, an intense and hands-on program inside Hennessey Performance Engineering's world-renowned shop.
- Classroom instruction includes an in-depth discussion of all major engine and performance parts. Significant attention is paid to key components such as engine blocks, pistons, rods, heads, valves, valve trains, intakes, exhaust, cams, transmissions, clutches, differentials, turbo systems, superchargers, compound boost, nitrous, water/meth injection, brakes, suspension, and computer calibrating.
- Students install a number of these components on School cars, including cold-air intakes, intake manifolds, headers, cat-back exhausts, cams, superchargers, turbo systems, nitrous, water/meth injection, suspension components, differentials, and many more. Students perform all work and modifications are tested on the dyno and the School's 1/4 mile drag race facility.
- Students are instructed alongside the Hennessey mechanics to enter the high-performance industry ready to work and produce quality results.
GM TECH TRAINING CENTER (Intermittent Training from 1985-1993) DALLAS, TX
- Certifications in Computer Carburetor, Distributorless Ignition Systems, Computer Command Controls, A/C Systems
Professional Certification Training
- Master ASE Certified Technician with over 31 years experience in all areas of auto repair, foreign and domestic, gas and diesel.
SOUTHWEST HIGH SCHOOL
General Mechanics and Welding (1977-1981) SAN ANTONIO, TX
- Tune-ups, Weld equipment and other metals, maintain detailed files of repair work.
- General car repair such as tire rotation, oil changes, and installation of new brake pads.
ALAMO DRAG WAY
Track Maintenance ((1977-1981) SAN ANTONIO, TX
- Prep the track and maintain racing condition.
- Tractor Repair and General Repair
NEILSONS GARAGE - BAUMANN AUTO REPAIR - SCHUMANN AUTO REPAIR - PERFORMANCE MACHINE SHOP
Mechanic/Technician ((1983-2011) SAN ANTONIO, TX
- Heavy line mechanic, Light Line Technician, Shop Foreman, Service Writer, Mechanic for auto, truck, farm equipment, gas
and diesel, light machine work, Engine Assembly
Owner / General Mechanic ((1988-1993) SAN ANTONIO, TX
- Owner & Operator, Light to Heavy Line Mechanic, Ase Certified Master Technician, Computer Diagnostic, Electrical,
Rebuilt Engines, Transmissions, Differentials
Owner / General Mechanic ((1999-2016) SAN ANTONIO, TX
- Owner & Operator Specializing in Vintage Air A/C Systems, Painless Wire Harnesses, Customizing, restoring, and
modernizing of classic cars, Performance Work, Blowers, Superchargers, Turbo Systems, Fuel Injection, Carburetion, Tuning
and Calibrating, Nitrous Systems, Exhaust, Basic Brake Conversions.Ld Swaps, Stand Alone Harnesses, Engine Building
DOUG VERSTUYFT - NITRO CHICKEN - TOP FUEL HYDRO DRAG BOAT
Mechanic / Technician / Crew Member ((2004-2011) SAN ANTONIO, TX
- 4-Time World Finals Champion, Former Top Fuel Points Champion and World Record Holder SDBA (Southern Drag Boat Association) 257.88 / ET 4.68 1/4 Mi
- Boat Prep, Motor assembly, between racing round maintenance, Cylinder Heads, Bottom End, Restriped Blower,
Successfully Qualified & Licensed the Dragonator - Bob Parrish.
TOP GEAR REALITY TV SHOW - AMERICAN VERSION
Mechanic / Technician / Crew Member
- Behind the Scenes Mechanic for the 1st & 2nd episodes of the 2nd Season.
2013 Top TEN CHAMPION #5
Crew Chief / Mechanic
- NMCA (National Muscle Car Association) Street Outlaw 10.5W Class Twin Turbo 1969 Mustang Mach 1 Best ET 6.62/234
- Motor Assembly, Between Round Maintenance